- Prepare your project.
- Please use our simple Get Your Instant FREE Quote for Editing Services page to obtain an obligation free quote for your project. We require some basic information to prepare your quote including your contact details, size of project, required timescale and service you require.
- We will provide you with a written quote and brief. Your quote will contain details of our payment terms for the project. Quotes are valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- If you decide to proceed, please sign the Acceptance at the bottom of the quote and return to us. By signing the Acceptance, you are confirming that you agree to our Terms and Conditions. A Signed Acceptance is considered a contract and agreement to pay.
- We will perform our services as described in the quote and brief. We can provide our suggestions for improvement using Proofreading Marks, Tracked Changes or by Editing Report. See below for examples of the three methods.
- When we have completed the work required, we will return the project to you for review.
- If you have selected a Combined Copyediting and Proofreading service, you should review our work, advise of any amendments required and return the project back to us to make the necessary adjustments and perform a final review.
Editing Reports are particularly suited to editing PDF documents, online documents or websites. The Editing Report is prepared using Microsoft Word (.doc format) and emailed to you. If you are unable to view .doc files, please let us know and we can arrange to send you the Editing Report in a different format. The following is an example of the suggestions for improvement within an Editing Report.
|1||Suggest reword to 'Welcome to xxxxx.com'.|
|2||Suggest reword to 'xxxxx.com has not reviewed all of these third party websites, does not control, and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability.'|
Suggest reword to 'to use, edit and publish the information.'